I just can’t get enough of “A Second Chance.” Have seen it already for a third time, and I just might watch it again. 😛 IDK, but I’m starting to like it more than “One More Chance.” Perhaps because I can relate more to Popoy and Basha’s situation right now, than I did 8 years ago when OMC came out (I was NBSB then; now I am married and have a son. 😉 ) Some of the scenes were actually very familiar, but I will leave it to you to guess which ones they are (basta, hindi yung sigawan sa kalsada at yung basagan ng pinggan!).
Anyway, some more musings about the film, which I couldn’t possibly fit into my review, because they are so random. 😛 So I’m just gonna jot them down below.
- I like how the opening skyline scene in ASC was similar to that in OMC. 😎
- Where is Nanay Edith? I was expecting her and Tatay Willie to be godparents at Popoy and Basha’s wedding, especially since they were instrumental in Popoy and Basha getting back together.
- What is Bert doing at Popoy and Basha’s wedding, when Basha hates him as a boss that she resigned from his company and then Popoy got fired by him?
And where is Roselle, Basha’s boss from her new firm?(She was there!)
- Where is Mark Yaneza? Sya ang unang bagong tao sa bagong buhay ni Basha. She was “Best Man” at his wedding (although I find it really odd for the groom to dance with other guests at his wedding. 😮 ) He was a good friend, and she called him in the wee hours of the morning for relationship advice. Or may hangups pa rin ba si Popoy kay Mark dahil malaki ang katawan nya (pero hindi mo ako kayang patumbahin)? Or baka dahil ex-boyfriend sya ni Mace Castillo, ah este, wrong movie! 😛
- Where is Helen? She is Popoy’s best friend. Or baka dahil nandun si Pedro and sparks might fly… in the wrong directions? 😛
- In the novel by Juan Miguel Sevilla, the events in OMC happened in 2006. If Popoy leaves for Qatar for 2 years, then he would have been back in 2008. There is actually an email from Helen asking Popoy to be Man of Honor at her wedding, and asking him if he will be bringing a “+1.” The email was dated December 3, 2008-only 10 days before Popoy and Basha’s wedding in ASC.
- Who is the little girl that Krizzy was holding in Popoy and Basha’s wedding picture? Aren’t Krizzy and Kenneth’s children 2 boys?
- Cute sina Anj and Chinno. 😛 But I don’t want them to end up together; gusto ko lang yung tension. 😉
- A few weeks after the “One More Chance” teaser was released, a mysterious photo of John Lloyd Cruz and Maja Salvador having dinner came out, fueling rumors that Trisha might also appear in the sequel. I was apprehensive about this, because Trisha might be TOTGA-The One That Got Away, and the second chance will really be for Popoy and Trisha. Buti na lang hinde. 😛
- Tipid sa wardrobe change si Popoy, G+G uniform lang kadalasan. 😛 He does look good and clean in a shirt with an open polo (vs. his lame attempt at looking like a rakista in “All About Love.”)
- SDEs are a hallmark of millennial weddings. 🙂
- There is such a thing as online banking, Popoy and Basha. Para hindi nyo na kailangang pumila sa bayad center.