And just like that, July has come and gone! It was a very busy busy busy month. Obviously, I wasn’t able to blog nor have I been online that much. Anyway, I’m just gonna drop not-a-few lines here, to say hello and nudge my existence back into the blogosphere. 😎
- July is our birth month–my husband and me, as well as my mom, and several friends and their babies, and Prince George. 😉 Parang ang dami-dami naming may birthday ng July! Or maybe I am just more keenly aware because it is my birth month.
- We’ve started renovations and repairs on the house: fixing the electricity and plumbing, retiling, adding built-in cabinets and shelves, etc. I am most especially excited for the home office. Even if I am not a S/WAHM, I would still like to have my own little corner of inspiration and creativity. 😉 I hope the house works get done quickly, so we could move in soon to a place we can call our own.
- We spent a few days at Taal Vista Hotel, in Tagaytay. I was a bit disappointed. 😮 I guess I had high expectations about the place, having read several good reviews about it. It wasn’t so bad, but it wasn’t spectacular either. The food was okay. The amenities were okay. But you can’t deny that Taal Vista Hotel offers a great view of the famed volcano… weather-permitting, that is. Unfortunately, it was cloudy when we were there, so we couldn’t fully savor the view, in all its postcard picturesque glory. The staff were nice and courteous though. And the little one had an enjoyable time, running up and down their hilly lawn. 🙂
- Elmo is now 18 months old! And this month has seen him go through a lot of changes. He is starting to “converse” with us. He is also more active than ever. For a good part of the month, we had a difficult time putting him to bed early. He would insist on dancing and playing with his musical table, way past 10 PM. After returning from Tagaytay, he has acquired some regularity to his sleeping pattern. Perhaps all the running in the hills wore him out that he would be in bed by 830 PM, which carried over beyond our little vacation.
- My eczema has been flaring badly. I’ve got these tapioca-like lesions on my toes, and chicken-skin-like lesions on my legs and trunk. Very hideous! @_@ I haven’t been consistent with my healthy eating habits. And all the stress of the past month is wreaking havoc on my skin.
- Finally got to read a novel, “Shopaholic to the Stars” by Sophie Kinsella. I’ve had the book for a while now, but never got psyched to read it. The first of the Shopaholic series (“Confessions of a Shopaholic”) was the best, the next three (up to “Shopaholic and Sister”) were good, but you’d expect that, after 6 books, a baby and motherhood (How can motherhood not change you?!?), Becky would finally grow up. The series is becoming tired and formulaic: Becky gets herself into a major fiasco, and then through
determination and hard worksheer luck, manages to get away scot-free. The only part I like in the book is when Becky’s best friend, Suze, confronts her (Somebody really ought to knock some sense into her head–Luke’s becoming more of an enabler.). Too bad their argument was short-lived. There’s a subplot about Becky’s dad hieing off to Las Vegas, which I guess is a segue to the series’ next installment. I hope Kinsella retires this series already. I actually have a few ideas how she could conclude it.
So that’s it for now. I hope to have not just more blog-worthy stories, but more blogging time this month. 😉