Part One is Here.
It took me a while to come up with this second part of my favorite X-Files episodes because I was having a hard time trimming down my list to just a Top 10. I remember what episodes I liked and enjoyed, but it’s the ranking that’s interchangeable, ie. Which one did I like more? Which one did I enjoy more? 😉 I might have to come up with a part 3 to accommodate more of my favorites, but for now, here’s the second installment. 😀
6. The Rain King. Mulder and Scully investigate a local town’s bizarre weather, which is but a reflection of the weatherman’s repressed feelings for a woman.
Why do I love it? Because the relationship between the weatherman and the girl, somewhat “mirror” also that of Mulder and Scully’s. 😉 And because of this quote, on friendship being the best foundation for relationships. 🙂
7. Bad Blood. Mulder kills a guy who he believes is a vampire, but his fangs turn out to be false teeth. Anticipating a lawsuit, he and Scully try to get their stories straight, but have different versions of the same events.
Why do I love it? This “He Said/She Said” of an episode was cute. 🙂 In Scully’s version, Mulder was exuberant, insensitive and irritating. She also notes that the local sheriff was good-looking and called her “Dana.” In Mulder’s version of events, he was thoughtful and polite while Scully was the whiny and irritable one. He also notes that she was flirty with the *buck-toothed* Sheriff.
8. Small Potatoes. Mulder and Scully investigate several babies born with tails, apparently of different paternities–the latest one being Luke Skywalker. Turns out the culprit is one Eddie Van Blundht who is a shapeshifter. In the episode, he takes on the appearance of Mulder, to derail the case against him and to score with Scully. 😛
Why do I love it? It’s a hilarious and witty episode. It’s funny when Eddie declares that Mulder is a loser (by choice).
9. The Unnatural. Mulder learns the story about a baseball player in history, who is actually an alien. He fell in love with the sport and shunned his race, so he could mingle with humans and play the game.
Why do I love it? Because of the scene at the end where Mulder teaches Scully how to play baseball. 🙂
10. Dreamland. In this two-part “Face Off” kind of an episode, Mulder and a Man in Black switch bodies.
Why do I love it? Because of the Mulder/Fletcher mirror dance.