Coz the New Year is always the perfect time for starting over again and strengthening one’s resolve. 😎 A few are recurring resolutions, but I’ve got new goals for this year.
- Wake up early. There’s so much productivity and energy in the mornings! 🙂
- Daily devotion. I usually get to do this in my spare time, or at the end of the day. But I want it to be at a more regular time, particularly at the start of my day (hence the first resolution) and before Elmo wakes up.
- Lose weight. I wasn’t on a diet last year because I was breastfeeding exclusively, which really did wonders for my weight. I was happy, I didn’t have to regulate what I eat, and I ate a lot! 😀 But now that Elmo’s a year and is already eating solids and breastfeeding less, my metabolism ain’t keeping up anymore with my intake. 😛 I’ve packed on pounds during the recent holidays, and I barely fit in my clothes anymore.
- Skincare. I never gave my skin that much attention when I was younger. But now that I am getting older, I’m starting to feel the effects of aging, and no, I’m not talking about crow’s feet & wrinkles, but skin dryness, horrendous allergies, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scars taking too long to heal. 😮
- Read. I only got to read 2 books last year: “Plain Truth” & “The Fault in Our Stars”. Make that 4 if you’ll include the 2 other self-help books on child-rearing: “Becoming Baby-Wise” & “How To Raise a Brighter Child”. If you have any suggestions for books/authors, drop me a line in the comments. 😉 I intend to read more this year.
- Write more often. I might not have been blogging much, but I have been journalling more often, mostly about Elmo’s exploits. I intend to keep this up.
- Explore the outdoors. If it’s just me, I am content with staying at home, reading, writing, cleaning the house, clearing out the house. 😛 But Elmo’s a little ball of energy, and he needs a large space to run around and explore. Also, there’s so much nature in our province, it’ll be a waste to not be able to enjoy these places.
- Get my driver’s license. I have been driving for a year now, on a student permit and always with my husband in tow. It’s just that every time I am to take my driving exam, something “Major” comes up! I hope to be able to take my driving test this year.
- Less idle Internet surfing, ie. Facebook, and gossip sites. 😛
- Have Faith. Because I tend to worry a lot.